The things you sometimes come across at the hairdresser – interesting cooking magazines (*). These salmon fish fingers quickly became one of our favourites.
As usual, quick and easy – and healthy on top!
Salmon Fish Fingers
(for 2 servings)
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 tbsp fine porridge oats (I use the normal ones)
1/2 tsp garlic granules
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 large skinless salmon fillets
olive oil for coating
lemon wedges to serve
- preheat oven to 180deg C.
- mix flaxseed, oats, garlic and herbs together (I mix it in a food processor as I use standard oats and they tend to be harder. Plus I get a softer coating). I also added Chia seeds to the mix.
- cut the salmon into fingers, coats slightly with olive oil.
- roll the fingers in the oat mixture until completely covered.
- place them on a baking sheet and bake around 25 min or until coating is golden.
- serve with lemon wedges, fries, salad, etc.
Have fun and indulge!
(*) I am not sure about the magazine anymore, but the recipe was published from the Medicinal Chef: How to Cook Healthily by Dale Pinnock)