My kids love crackers and when we noticed we had no more, what better way than making your own?!
All done in less than 20min. We may just stop buying them as the options for flavours seem endless and they are so quick and easily done!
Below please find a recipe I found in a magazine sometime ago. While the dough itself is nice we tend to add a bit more salt, springle sea salt on top. And next time I will try to add chili! Also, playing around with the herbs will give various possibilities! Or try a different flour?!
But here the base recipe that works for us.
225gr plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried thyme
25gr parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
– preheat oven 230 deg C
– combine flour, salt, thyme and parmesan
– add water and olive oil and bring together into a dough. I find this easiest by hand.
– roll out 3mm or thinner if you like onto baking paper
– cut dough into squares, prick each square with a fork
– bake for 10min or until golden
Enjoy plain, with cheese, salami, ham, olives, salad, dips and whatever else may come to mind!
Have a lovely day